How City Valley Church (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect personal data to provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a church and to comply with the law regarding data sharing. In legal terms, this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
What type of data do we hold for you?
For the purposes above, the categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
- Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth)
- Sensitive data (such as information about your religious beliefs and/or health)
How long do we hold your data for?
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question, and in doing so we remain compliant with Data Protection and other legislation. A copy of our Data Retention Policy can be provided on request.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties unless:
- you have given us consent to do so
- the law requires us to do so
- it is a necessary part of us contacting you or providing our service(s) to you
What rights do you have about your data?
You also have the right to:
- object to the processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
How do you update the data we hold for you?
Please let us know as soon as you can if any of your personal details change, including your contact information. That way, we can make sure that the data we hold for you is up to date and accurate. You can update many of these details yourself by logging into your Church Suite account, or by emailing email@example.com
How do you request access to the personal data we hold for you?
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Whom should you contact if you have further questions?
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access the information we hold on you please contact the Data Protection Lead on email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/